Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is BEYOND baseball! (Yanks Postseason 2009)

On Friday night, October 9th, the Yanks took on the Minnesota Twins in the American League Division Series at Yankee Stadium! That's right, we made the post-season! As season-ticket holders, we were entitled to 2 tickets to one game per series, and so we had just 2 bleacher seats for the 4 of us for Game 2 of the series. Feeling generous, earlier in the week I decided that Mumphy and Suzanne should go...and as soon as I had made that decision, I was immensely envious. And so, the night before the game, I decided I would try my luck at a chance for more tickets on Ticketmaster.com....luck was evidently on my side because I found 2 single tickets in the Batter's Eye section right next to the bleachers! Ro and I were in!

If that wasn't enough to tell me that I was meant to be at this game, Mom's friends Lee and Welles called earlier in the day to say that they had gotten a limousine to go down to the game, did we have tickets, did we want to join them? Heck yah!

And so, we were off to the post-season in style!

Here we are in front of our ride to the Bronx!

Despite the miserable rainy afternoon, it turned out to be a beautiful evening for baseball!



Our seats in the Batter's Eye section were awesome! (The section is between the two bleacher sections, above the blackened Batter's Eye area, and below the immense JumboTron).


Here we are with the JumboTron in the background.



Mumphy and Suzanne also loved being in the bleachers. The crowd was as rowdy as ever, and at the new stadium, you're allowed to have beer!



Needless to say, it was the best game I have ever been to, and probably will ever get the privilege of attending. It was a nail-biter, back and forth, inning by inning, until the Yanks pulled off a walk-off homerun in the 11th! The crowd went nuts, and we found ourselves hugging complete strangers! As the slogan for the post-season goes, "This is beyond baseball!"




Here we are, basking in the glory of the win! I guess it was just meant to be....

Yes, the Yanks ended up winning the ALDS, and then the ALCS (we had tickets to game 7, which never was)....and finally the World Series!!!










No, we weren't there (although lucky cousin JoNathan was!), but we watched from the comfort of our living room, and I took pictures as if we were there!!!
Congratulations 2009 World Champions New York Yankees! It was a phenomenal season, and we'll see you in the Spring -- it can't come soon enough!

No comments: