Christmas 2009 was a little bit different this year, largely because Christmas fell on a Friday!
With the 3-day weekend that lay ahead, it meant that Mumphy, Rohan and I headed to NYC on Christmas Eve afternoon to rescue Sonji from work!

While waiting, we admired the Met's annual Angel Tree...

And we checked out the Samarai Warrior Exhibit...Ro posed in front of the Japanese scenery!

When Sonji was finally released, we headed out for our annual tradition: viewing the Bergdorf Goodman windows. This year, again, absolutely incredible! I'm sure as I'm typing this, they're planning for next year!

Absolutely breathtaking...

Every inch incredibly detailed!

We then headed across 5th Ave to relive a childhood holiday tradition: FAO Schwarz!

Ro was naturally drawn to the gigantic Mets bear....

And not to be outdone, Mumphy grabbed the Yanks bear!

Sonji then found her favorite childhood friend, Monchichi!
Sam then met us in the city, where we dined at a really classy and delicious Cuban restaurant,
Victor's Cafe. It was so refreshing to have something other than ham, and it was especially nice because I didn't have to cook it!!!
Late that night, we headed back to CT for the rest of the traditional holiday weekend with Grandma.
Here are some photos from Christmas Day:

Sonji and Coco act out the nativity
...(no angry comments, please!)

Sam gets a watch.

Sam gives me this hat...I love it!

Mumphy relives the championship through her gifts!

Sam poses with the sweatshirt Santa-Ro picked out for him!

I sit on Santa-Ro's lap.

and Grandma is at a loss of words for her huge flat-screen HD TV!
1 comment:
Great pics!!! We miss you guys!!!!
Post a Comment