Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday!!!


On Friday, August 22nd, I (Sarah) turned 29...My first birthday as a married woman! It really was one of the best birthdays ever!

On Friday afternoon my cousins Beth, Jenny, and Nathan stole me away from work to have lunch at Amici's. Friday night I went to dinner at Forbidden City with Mom, Gram, Suzanne, Sam (the new BF), and MY HUSBAND. The evening ended with my favorite Red Devils Food Cake with rainbow sprinkles made by Mom, an annual tradition. Delicious!

On Saturday, I didn't feel like the birthday should end, let alone the festive feeling surrounding the wedding. So Rohan and I had family and friends over for our "Welcome Home from Disney's Polynesian Honeymoon/Getting Back to Life as Normal After the Wedding/Happy Birthday" backyard celebration. For some inexplicable reason, I felt the need to get a keg for the occassion....and the night ended with some amazingly skillful keg stands! The last time I did this was probably as an underage 19-year old, some 10 years ago. So you could say the party was also our "Happy Anniversary Keg Stand" celebration! Thanks to Maureen for the great photos of the evening, posted in the link above!

2 comments:

jess m said...

oh, man! i am sorry i missed this night. looks like y'all had a blast. i'm not sure i've ever done a kegstand....i will have to make sure i do that before i'm 30.

looking forward to keeping up with you and Ro here, Sedge! great idea.
xoxo,
pup

Anonymous said...

What, no mention of our fondue nightmare? I had a blast. You should see my beesting now, though! It looks like about five zits all put together on my forehead.... HOT!