On Saturday, August 22nd, I turned 30! The celebration began on Friday at an
almost-surprise dinner with the crew at Forbidden City!

Toasting the birthday girl with the best drinks in the world, concocted by our favorite mixologist, Brian!

Ro did really surprise me with a yummy birthday cake with some fun photos he chose from our albums!

Blowing out candles (the first time).

The next morning (for breakfast), I had my traditional devil's food cake with sprinkles made by Mumphy, but additionally adorned with sugar flowers which were saved all the way from the wedding. Suzanne provided the S-A-R-A-H candles!

Blowing out candles (the second time), with Grandma looking on.

Suzanne apparently saved the R candle for this special message to me, which I found when I downloaded these photos today!

Later that afternoon, we went to the beach in Westbrook. It was a stunningly gorgeous day, as it always seems to be on my birthday! Ro and I enjoyed the warm end-of-summer water.

Mumphy, Suzanne and I pose for the camera.
(I am posting these photos of us in bathing suits so when I look back at this blog in 20 or more years, I can remember what the quasi-decent body of a 30-year old looks like!!!)
After the beach, we headed home to pack for our trip to California...more on that to come!!!
1 comment:
Happy belated Birthday Sarah! Remember 30 is the new 20! XO
Post a Comment